- Log in to the Gupshup website.
- Go to Dashboard tab > My Bots section.
- Select the button under the Publish column against the bot you wish to publish.
- A list of channels will appear. Click on the Publish button against Web Widget.
- Click on the Go to Web Widget button. A new tab will appear.
The new tab will contain custom settings where you can configure the widget as per your requirements.
Following are the customization options for the visual details of the widget -
- Title to Bar - The text at the header of the widget when it is maximized.
- Height - Height of the widget when maximized.
- Width - Width of the widget when maximized.
- Select widget button style - Shape of the widget when minimized
- Title bar text - The text at the header of the widget when it is minimized.
- Width - Width of the widget when minimized.
- Logo - Upload a custom logo to be displayed in the header of the widget
- Logo Image Display Type - Shape of the logo in the header of the widget. The two options are circular and rectangular
- Title bar background color - Used to change background color of title bar.
Widget theme is based on the color you choose for widget title bar, meaning message templates(button), persistence menu, attachment icon and others, color will be same/contrast to whatever color you choose for title bar
- Title bar font size - Used to change font size of the text in title bar
- Title bar font color - Used to change font color of the text in title bar
- Bot icon - Upload a custom bot logo to be displayed for bot messages
- Bot bubble Color - The background color of the chatbot's messages
- Bot font Color - The text colour of the chatbot's messages
- User bubble Color - The background color of the user's messages
- User font Color - The text colour of the user's messages
- Font Size - The font size of the messages in the widget
- Page title text in mobile view - When a widget is loaded in a mobile web view/browser the title set here will be the title of the browser tab.
- Widget background image(Enter URL) - Set a wallpaper to chat conversation box
- Conversation font size - Set the font size of the user/bot message in the conversation box
- Font family/type - Set font style - Google font family are supported
- Enter font URL if not available - In case if you want to use custom fonts - paste the hosted link in this text box
- Enter valid JSON for persistence menu - Enable persistence menu by providing a valid persistence menu JSON
- Persistence menu image URL - An optional field, used to change persistence menu icon, recommended image dimension - 32px X 32px
- Enable attachment option - Provides an file attachment option to the user
- Select the widget channel - Widget can be of type Text, Audio and Video. By default it is of type Text
- Text - This channel supports plain text, rich media and templates
- Audio - Along with support for plain text, rich media and templates this channel, accepts voice input from users. You will notice a microphone icon in the web widget which indicates that it supports voice input
- Video - This channel supports a video-only implementation. This means that all the bot responses are in a video form only. In this case the videos are embedded into the chat window.
- Enable message encryption - Message are end-to-end encrypted
- Open URL in webview - Opens a link in the widget itself(webview)
- Allow HTML text from bot response - Enable to render HTML text in the widget
- Message read and delivery status - Enable to read/delivery receipt
- Make Widget Responsive - Option to make the web widget mobile responsive
For more details on the persistence menu, click here.
An example of a web widget on a sample HTML page is shown below:
Updated 12 months ago