Before you start configuring your first webhook/ callback URL, you must know some key points about it.
- The webhook should return HTTP_SUCCESS (code: 2xx) with an empty response.
Failing to do so within 10 seconds, our platform will consider that the notification has failed and attempt again after a brief interval.
- Your webhook should process inbound messages & events asynchronously but acknowledge its reception synchronously & instantly.
The optimal acknowledgment time is less than 100 milliseconds; nevertheless, we recognize that network delays might occur, hence 500-1000 milliseconds is the recommended acknowledgment time. The longer your response time, the more inbound messages and events will be delayed each time.
- The webhook should accept the HTTP header: User-Agent.
- The webhook should accept user events: sandbox-start.
- The webhook should have public access.
You can whitelist Gupshup's inbound request IPs as a security measure. Not only it will keep it private but also eradicate security vulnerabilities.
Drop an email to our support team to get these IPs.
Updated 9 months ago
In the next chapter of this guide, you'll learn how to set up webhook/ callback URLs.