The Message template node allows the selection of a pre-approved template for creating interactive campaigns. A template can be added to the chatbot conversation using this node and will reflect on the channel if applicable. Values to the variables in templates can be defined as per the need.
To add a template message in the conversation journey or to create marketing use cases. Message Templates can be added only if the account has pre-configured message templates.
- The message template can’t be blank.
- A fallback value is mandatory to be defined per variable present in the template.
VIDEO COMING SOON
The Message Template node can be added to the canvas or dragged from the Message Node section in the left-side panel.
When the account has pre-configured template messages, click the select template button to add template
Select one of the listed templates
Add the Fallback Value per variable present in the template
You can send static or dynamic media files such as image, video and document while using a suitable template. To use this feature select your required templates from the list of available templates.
Check the below steps for different available media types:
- Click on the Variable selection icon
- Select the variable that will contain the media URL
- You can have a static URL as the variable default value or update the variable during runtime as well
- To send customized media based on user you can call an API and update the variable value with the customized media URL to send different media to different users
- There is also a provision to set a fallback URL incase the actual URL is not available during runtime
- It is suggested to keep a Fallback URL to ensure that the user conversation doesn't stops incase the media URL is not available during runtime
You can send dynamic or static documents in the Message Templates either by uploading directly from your system or using a media URL. This allows Bot Designers to customize the bot flow as per requirement of the use case handled.
**To send a static document:
- **Click on the upload document button
- Select Upload from your device
- and select the document you want to send.
To send a dynamic document:
- Select the Upload Document option
- Select the variable where the media URL will be available
- Add an Optional File Name for the dynamic media if required
- Upload the file
- You can also add a fallback URL to send a static media incase the dynamic file is not available on the variable during runtime
Updated 5 months ago