You may send a structured message with an image, text, and buttons using the general template. A generic template that has many templates defined in the elements array will transmit a carousel of things that can be scrolled horizontally and contain an image, text, and button for each item.
The generic template supports a maximum of 10 elements per message. At least one property must be set in addition to the title.
|title||String||Mandatory||The title is to display in the template. 80-character limit.|
|subtitle||String||Optional||The subtitle is to display in the template. 80-character limit.|
|image_url||String||Optional||The URL of the image to display in the template.|
|default_action||Object||Optional||The default action is executed when the template is tapped. Accepts the same properties as the URL button, except the title.|
|buttons||Array [button](<<https://developers.facebook.com/docs/messenger-platform/instagram/features/generic-template/#button>>)||Optional||An array of buttons to append to the template. A maximum of 3 buttons per element is supported. Only postback and web_url buttons are supported.|
- When a user sends a message to a bot, a 24-hour conversation window is opened. The bot can send any number of messages to the user within this window.
- After 24 hours of the user’s last message, the bot cannot send a message to the user.
- If the user gives their expressed permission, that is, opts in, the bot can send messages to the user on another channel such as email or SMS outside the 24-hour window.
- For example, a user starts a conversation with a bot about a product and wishes to order it. The bot informs the user that the product is out of stock and asks if the user wishes to be reminded when the product is in stock again. The user sends their last message at 11 am on Monday.
- If the user denies the reminder, the bot can send messages to the user only till 11 am on Tuesday.
- If the user opts in for the reminder, the bot can send the reminder message to the user on another channel such as email or SMS even after 11 am on Tuesday.
- Users can also request to talk with a human agent while in conversation with a bot, or the bot can escalate a user query to a human agent in case the bot is unable to resolve the query.
- Human agents can send messages to users within 7 days of the last user message.
An Instagram Professional account can be notified when a user mentions them in a story. When this happens, the IG Professional account will get a message in the inbox referencing the story that the user posted. Due to a story being ephemeral by nature (it will disappear after 24 hours or when deleted by the user), you must meet specific requirements and implementation guidelines to comply with and respect user privacy for ephemeral content.
Story mention is part of the app review requirements for instagram_manage_messages permission. Please ensure that you meet all the story mention requirements before submitting for app review.
- A Story mention webhook will only flow in if the user mentioning the account has their account setup as public. Story mentions from a private account will only flow in if the account follows the said account.
- You must not store/cache the media content on your server.
Quick replies provide a way to present a set of buttons in the conversation for users to reply with.
When a quick reply is tapped, the buttons are dismissed, and the title of the tapped button is posted to the conversation as a message. A messages event will be sent to your webhook that contains the button title and an optional payload.
Quick Replies Limitations
- This feature is currently not available on desktop.
- A maximum of 13 quick replies are supported.
- Each quick reply allows up to 20 characters before being truncated.
- Quick replies only support plain text.
- The “Private Replies” feature allows Businesses to reply to comments made on their posts with a single message on Instagram.
- Private replies are currently not supported for Instagram ads and IGTV comments.
- When using this feature, the user will get a message with a reference link to the comment that is getting the reply.
- Private replies are allowed within 7 days (except IG Live) of the creation date of the comment.
- Please note that Private Replies do not open the 24-hour window for standard messaging.
- Private Reply for Instagram Live has a different reply window from regular post comments private reply.
- Private replies for IG Live can only be triggered while the live is happening and will no longer be valid as soon as the live ends.
- Ice Breakers provide a way for users to start a conversation with a business with a list of frequently asked questions.
- A maximum of 4 questions can be set as Ice Breakers.
- Ice Breakers supports localization to allow businesses to set custom questions depending on the user locale.
- This feature is currently available on the mobile app only.
- Ice Breaker will be available only once, and for first-time users.
- The Persistent Menu is a user interface popup for Instagram DM conversations listing the main features of your Page.
- This enables users to then easily discover and access them.
- The persistent menu is composed of an array of buttons that can redirect the user to an external URL or send the button text as a user response.
- Users can access the persistent menu at any point in their conversation with an Instagram professional account.
- ig.me is a shortened URL service operated by Meta that redirects users to a conversation in Instagram.
- When a user leverages an ig.me link to start or continue a conversation with your Instagram account, the user will be redirected to a new or existing thread, based on whether the user had previously messaged your Instagram account.
- The format of the link is as follows: https://ig.me/m/USERNAME where USERNAME is the IG handle of the Instagram account.
- The conversation should always be initiated by the user unless they comment on any posts.
If the user has not interacted with the bot directly but, only made a comment, a temporary user_id will be created so that the bot can respond only to that comment via direct message.
- A maximum of 13 Quick replies can be added in a single prompt.
- A single quick reply can only support text and has a character limit of 20. Any further characters will be shortened if the limit is exceeded.
- Brands can only access a user’s Profile Name, and Profile Picture.
- The bot can handle only one message at a time.
Updated 2 months ago