Following are the step to check whether the device is RCS enabled:
- Open the messaging app and click on the menu in the top right-hand corner
- Select settings
- In General, Select Chat features
- Chat features will tell you if you have support or not
- If Status is Connected, RCS is active on your device. If RCS is inactive, then you need to attempt to connect the RCS client manually.
- Not All Android devices are RCS enabled.
- If your device does not support RCS and you do not see any Chat feature option in message settings, You need to download the “Messages by Google” application from the Google Play Store and make it the default SMS app
- Post setting as the default SMS app, you need to enable “Chat features” (from Settings) and verify your number.
- After verification done by Google, the Status of the Chat features will be set as “Connected”.
- Now you can start using your RCS messages.
Updated 6 months ago