This functionality helps users to send 1-0-1 messages (sending a single templatized message to one record at a time).
Considering the example of Lead object.
Go to App Launcher and select Gupshup App from the list.
- Go to the Lead object
- Open a lead record
- Check for WhatsApp Global Opt In field on the details page and ensure that it is checked.
a. User can only send messages to records which have WhatsApp Global Opt- In field checked.
Note - “WhatsApp Global Opt-In” – The “True” value of this field denotes that consent was opt-in outside of salesforce by app user.
- Click on the Send WhatsApp Message Button
- WhatsApp Messaging Screen Will Pop – Up
- Select Channel (from where you need to send the Message)
- Select Number (On which the Message is to be sent)
- Click on the template Selection Button on the Bottom Left
- Template Selection tab will pop up
- Select Category of the template
Note - Setting up a template is outside salesforce scope, these templates are pre-approved from WhatsApp**
- Select the template for the particular category
- There are four categories – Text, Image, Video and Document
- The selected template caption can be previewed in the template preview box below
- For Media files, user need to upload the files and preview will be available on the screen.
- Click on send
- “Message sent successfully” pops up and “Message sent” reflects in the “Chat history” screen.
- Message will be received on the selected number
Updated 10 days ago